Host Families provide valuable support and respite to a person with a disability on a regular basis. This can be on an occasional basis such as one weekend a month, weekends, for a week or an ongoing basis. Support mainly occurs in the home of the Host Family but in certain circumstances the Host Family assists the client in the client’s own home.
Host Family arrangement with Midway means we can provide:
- Short, medium or long-term support;
- An opportunity for the family of a person with a disability to have a regular planned break from full time support; and
- The person with a disability benefits from an expanded social circle and new social activities as well as increased community connection and participation.
Each Host Family will:
- Provide naturalistic home-based support to a person with a disability;
- Ensure all relevant assessment information is accurate and up-to-date;
- Receive designated Midway Liaison Officer support;
- Access Midway’s Host Family guidance information and agreement;
- Undertake regular contact with the Midway Liaison Officer to discuss progress of Host Family arrangements;
- Respect the cultural and spiritual background of the person receiving support;
- Follow all medication schedules as detailed on the appropriate medication form or pack;
- Exercise due diligence and accept responsibility for the support of the person;
- Work with the Midway Liaison Officer to meet any special support needs of the person;
- Collaborate with the Midway Liaison Officer about any concerns or difficulties encountered while caring for the person;
- Adhering to all compliance requirements such as: Insurances, Registrations, Drivers Licenses, Residency requirements, Police Clearance, Working with Children Check (if applicable), First Aid Certificates, Fortnightly Reports, Annual individual health care requirements (for long term care) and regular reviews with the Midway Liaison Officer.
For more information please call Midway on 9535 5500.